January 26, 2012
- in Callousness , Idiocy , Lying , Making stuff up by meryldorey
Meryl builds a lie before your eyes
Poor Meryl often claims persecution and even martyrdom in order to attract sympathy and, more importantly, cash donations from her followers. Meryl’s lies are now exposed no matter where she publishes them and her misinformation is corrected immediately by the many rational & educated observers now keeping an eye on her – but this doesn’t make for a dramatic story to bring in the big bucks. So Meryl needs to lie about the opposition to her lies in order to keep the big bucks rolling in. After all, $280,000 per year doesn’t just grow on trees you know!
Here’s a textbook example of Meryl in action:
- Meryl tweets a link to a truly absurd blog post written by nationally recognised idiot Judy Wilyman: http://avn.org.au/nocompulsoryvaccination/?p=1307
- Like many rational readers, Tracey finds the dense concentration of wacky conspiracy theories and long-debunked antivax canards to be overwhelming. She laughs out loud, via post on Twitter.
- Meryl decides to make hay from the ridicule she suffers, and sets up a strawman by trying to link Tracey’s amusement at a retarded blog post to poor little sick kids – a classic persecution play: “Help help, I’m being repressed!”.
- Then she swings for the fences by tying in her favourite enemies: Australian Skeptics and fans of the SAVN Facebook page. She generalises to claim frequent and widespread callous behaviour towards sick kids – without a single shred of evidence.